Friday, August 26, 2005

Rooted In Dreams

The light is blinding.

My sightless eye stares into a stray beam of sunlight.

The tree holds me close; nestled in its mesh of branches my cracked face stares lifelessly ahead.

The dry branches bleed away my will, they’ve bled me dry.

I can’t think anymore;

I can’t feel anything anymore;

I don’t care anymore.

Like some beast, half-starved and skeletal I decay;

Too weak too live, but unable to die.

The tree hides me from the cruel world outside; it keeps me safe in exchange for my life’s blood.

I consider it a perfectly equitable arrangement.

Mindless, dreamless, thoughtless…

Safe from truth, choice, failure, success; in this pit of decay peace finds me.

I drift in my perpetual mindless daydream…

Reality? Who needs it.

Let me daydream for a little bit longer.

A butterfly lands on my dry cracked open lips.

I jerk with a cough and gasp for air.

The branches slowly pull me close;

The leaves whisper me back to sleep.

Yes, I think I’ll daydream for just a little bit longer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home